Demand Planning & Sales Forecasting
Demand Planning & Sales Forecasting software for demand-driven businesses. Foresite leads the S&OP market in accurate demand planning and sales forecasting because it avoids using complex BI or unwieldy spreadsheets. We also integrate demand forecasting with customer fulfillment processes, financial planning and business strategy. We support this with the demand data and metrics required for developing agile and responsive supply chain networks.
Foresite furthermore provides the primary data for ERP systems, S&OP and other supply chain processes. Secondly it forms the cornerstone of your integrated business planning (IBP) and is therefore at the heart of your financial and strategic planning.
Foresite demand planning & sales forecasting software therefore creates digital connections across your supply chain operations. This therefore helps you to maximise customer service levels and supply chain efficiency.
What is Foresite Demand Planning & Sales Forecasting used for?
Firstly, Foresite is a business management tool that enables companies to effectively integrate their sales and supply chain operations. Secondly, it provides the essential demand forecasting data that’s not available from your CRM, SOP or financial systems. This critical data is necessary for powering your:
- Demand-side planning – standard and promotional revenues
- Supply chain planning – ERP production, procurement, warehousing, inventory, transport and store management
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) – Operations
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) – Financial
- Integrated Business Planning (IBP) – Strategy
Who uses Foresite Demand Planning & Sales Forecasting and why?
B2B businesses typically use Demand Planning and demand forecasting to integrate with their supply chain planning, especially if they experience any of the following risks:
- Long lead conversion times – effectively manage pipeline, processes and channels and so achieve long term sales targets
- High pipeline turnover – optimise lead generation, improve lead conversion rates and therefore optimise supply chain efficiency and profitability
- Variable demand – satisfy peak demand periods profitably and minimise costs during quiet demand periods
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) – plan distribution points, rates of sale and promotion multipliers in order to profile forecasts accurately
- Short product life-cycles – manage NPD/EPD, customer acquisition and retention in order to maximise pipeline
- Contract/project based business – optimise tender and sales processes. Manage stage deliverables, variations and retentions in order to optimise profitability and cash flow
- Growth oriented – maximise growth capabilities and especially competitiveness
- Early stage business with long development and go-to-market times – grow pipeline and manage growth capabilities (see G-Index)
How does Foresite Demand Planning & Sales Forecasting work?
We know that all companies have different operational and demand forecasting requirements and hence will use Foresite differently. Because Foresite has a rich suite of functionality, we tailor it to fit your business and any functionality that is not required is hidden.
Available functions therefore include:
- Pipeline evaluation and profiling
- Distribution evaluation and profiling
- Promotions evaluation and profiling
- API interface to your ERP system
- Sales order-bank profiling
- Contract staging and phasing
- Seasonal weighting
- Promotions planning
- ‘What-if’ demand analysis
- Target setting
- Strategic road mapping
- Sales process performance analytics
- Sales channel analytics
- Commercial intelligence
- G-Index growth capability analytics
- Trend analyses
Foresite User Experience – LEAN & AGILE Demand Forecasting
Because Foresite is a cross-functional application, our Way We Work methodology creates an intuitive and non-prescriptive work environment. It is fully aligned with your business’ terminology, conventions and rules – even down to the look of your screens and reports. Most of all it supports collaborative working between cross-functional teams.
Specific features that enhance your collaborative work environment are:
- Seamless integration with your personal management systems (e.g. MS Outlook or L Notes)
- Live currency data feeds from XE.COM
- Document and knowledge sharing
- Fully multi-currency and multi-lingual
- API connectivity (bi-directional) with all existing operational software